Our 7 Commitments to Langley
Our 7 Commitmentsto Langley
Ensure our Police, Fire and Emergency Services are Fully Funded to Protect our Community
- Upgrade and add to firehall capacity including funding full complements of needed personnel.
- Work with the RCMP to build a police plan that incorporates intelligence-based policing (put resources where they will be most effective based on local data), increased visibility, and communication.
- Explore integrating a mental health team with police officers.
- We are committed to pushing the provincial and federal justice systems to be tougher on those that abuse our vulnerable by selling illegal drugs.
Immediate Improvement to Housing Affordability and Access
- Cut Red Tape – Streamline processes, speed things up, and reduce costs for the consumer.
- Affordable home ownership planning through partnerships and innovation.
- Rental strategy aimed at diversifying options while respecting local communities.
- Encourage innovation in the marketplace and make it easier to incorporate new construction technology.
Parks & Recreation Infrastructure Close to Home for All – With Fiscal Accountability
- Be fiscally responsible by utilizing land we already use, such as:
- All High Schools will have a proper track and artificial playing field.
- Put playing, ball fields, and green space over every retention pond.
- Have an all-sport, all-association recreation strategy that expands opportunities for all sports (from pickle ball to swimming pools), culture, music and dance – without playing favourites.
- Add additional ice surfaces to support youth sports.
Raise the Bar – Not Taxes
- Plan with understanding the pressures of rising inflation and how our decisions directly impact you in the short and long term.
- Complete review of our operations to support effective use of your dollars.
- Support Township staff with the resources to be successful.
- Re-invest savings to benefit taxpayers.
Make the Township of Langley a Sustainable City
- Lead British Columbia in adopting new technology solutions into pre-existing and new construction.
- Incentives for water and energy technology that enhance efficiency.
- Streamline the ability to new energy tech (i.e. solar energy solutions) to existing multi-storey buildings and new construction.
Prioritize Solutions to Road Congestion, Transit, and New Modes of Travel
- Fix and improve traffic issues in Willoughby (80th, 72nd, 208th) and other arterial roads.
- Work to fully integrate our transit with connecting option for easy access.
- Be prepared and plan options for e-bikes and e-scooters.
- Establish a working group to prioritize mobility issues throughout the community.
Expect Excellence From the Elevate Langley Team
- We will value your input and have an open door.
- We will respect, support, and value Township staff.
- As your municipal representatives we will bring greater support to Langley’s most vulnerable through provincial and federal partnership.